Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Walk Down Memory Lane

All I saw and heard today was that silly snap of a finger and white and black thingies all around town, absolutely everywhere. Now it's not the purpose of the whole thing that i mind, it's the fact that whenever and wherever you are, you hear 'live aid' I mean... Almost like the titanic trauma. It was absolutely everywhere... Celine Dion's ghostly voice 'near.... far....' still haunts me sometimes...
Speaking of old times, I came home, turned on tv and guess what was on tv at the early hours of sunday morning? Beverly 10290 (I can't even remember if that's the right number). Anyway, it brought back old memories... but when I watch it now, it's just plain silly. I CANNOT believe I used to watch that crap religiously! And looking at the clothes they were wearing just sends me laughing so hard I almost wet myself! Tight jeans which emphasised the tiny waist line n fat butt, then ultra big top with extra shoulder padding, tucked in neatly in those horrendous jeans... and that was the girls... the guys? big shirt tucked into jeans which seems hardly breatheable in! Well done on the boys! and oh, the hair? don't even get me started!
Enough of the fashion trash talk. Those who knows me will know that I'm terrible in that sense as well. I wear clothes that does ABSOLUTELY nothing for me whatsoever! But the main point here is that 'isn't it funny when you watch a show like that and you try to find people in your own life that fit htose characteristics?' Either the producers wrote it because there's always someone like that at college, or simply imagine one in which we can easily immitate without even realising.
Going back to my point (to ponder...) TV is really a BIG BIG influence. Take live aid for example. Who would give a damn if Sir Bob Geldof snaps his fingers n his 'feeeeeeed the wooooorrrrrllllddddd....'? Would you reach into your pocket and actually contribute? Would a passion of fire grow into a burning flame that would make you open your heart and help others in need? (We all know the truth for the majority) BUT if your favourite actor/ actress/ singer/....(there's bound to be one since EVERYONE was there) said it was the right thing to do, won't you be following the same footsteps?
Another thing- if that statement is true, then is it right to spend hours looking pretty, acting fake in front of the camera n be really mean, snobbish and untouchable in real life? Is that why everyone thinks fame is the key and answer to EVERYTHING?
ps: this might also turn out to be one of those things when I look back in 10 years time, I'll read it and it will be so unbearable I'll have to dig a hole to hide. Damn I'm cynical! (shit, did i even spell that right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home