Friday, March 02, 2007

The REAL duty free

So I flew past Qatar and made a stop at Doha International Airport. Had 3 hours to kill... What did miss little i-have-no-reading-material do? Sit in one corner and observe =)

The first thing I noticed? The city is YELLOW. You simply cannot see through what is 100yards and beyond. I didn't muster enough courage to ask the locals what that was all about, but if my observation serves me well, it's sand storm? Everywhere is coated with a visible layer of dust so thick that a blowing from ourselves could create our own little sand storm! Only question- is it like that all year round? Or is this seasonal?

Yes, this is where the region of REAL duty free. Heck they even do duty free cars besides those cool new gadgets and mobile phones! The price? Very reasonable! What I bought? Zilch... Why? Same reason as most student in the world - skint-ness

I could sit here and tell you about all sorts of people, passer bys... but no fun like that... so just look at photos laaah (photos are obviously courtesy of google)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home