Sunday, August 28, 2005

Just for you Naeem


It was SOME day today. Didn't wake up till late because of weird working hours. Went to costco with Naeem and went completely crazy shopping... Spending money that you have earned really is different from spending your parents' money. Not so guilty :-)

We left at close of business and was deciding where to go and took a spontaneous decision, swerved the car round and went to cheshire oaks, thinking we'd make it there by 6pm+ and still have an hour's look around ( I know, ambitious!)

We arrived on target but true to our guts, they shut at 7pm and we were only left with 30mins to take a brief look around. Then we obviously had to get back to Manchester to get ready to sign in for work at 9pm. It's not till after work did the adventure began...

We finished well early at 10pm rather than the usual 2am. The system was going through some updates and we were to evacuate the building. So we got out onto the busy Saturday night of Manchester city feeling lost and out of place.

Did some shopping at Tesco's and went back to Jan's place for some food. Naeem was so hungry by then he took over the kitchen and made himself 'spicy minced eggs with tomatoes'. No later than 11pm, we were sat comfortably in Jan's new place, eating our hearts out whilst watching 'Khabi Kushi Khabi Gham' or as Jan would call it- 3KG. Now I wasn't really following the subtitles as I was struggling from the extremely HOT food. I mean, multi tasking is one thing, eating HOT food whilst making the slurping sound and waving the hand round the mouth in vain trying to do something about the excitement in my mouth whilst reading the subtitles and sipping water in between and the occasional tears from the spicyness... Fooh! *I'll let you paint the picture yourself*

So Naeem offered to translate for me whilst the movie is playing... At this point, the main character appeared in the rain, soaked, with the saddest look on her face. Naeem ' aahh.... at this point, the girl is rrrrreaaaaally sad because her father has expired and......' I looked at Jan and we both burst out laughing! The 1st thing that popped into my mind was the expiry date on the milk carton. Apparently in Naeem's country, instead of deceased, people expire...... :-) I shall stop here as it isn't funny to mock about people's death although we were rolling and laughing our heads off before. I shall leave it as that and the moment will be kept in our memory. (We OBVIOUSLY continued making fun of Naeem's 'expired' joke)

Then Tracy came. Man did we miss Tracy. She's loud, she's funny, she's clever, and she always lights up the room with her aura. We did some catching up and soon after, it was 3am and we had to go home. As I was on my way home, I saw a lot of drunk people, gay people (mardigras) crazy people shouting and ranting and just lying on the pavement... I can't help but feel super blessed with friends who could simply sit at home n chat n have a blast rather than getting absolutely wasted like the new generation.

Thank you Lord! Praise God :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger noodles said...

Naeem Bai: aaah humble as usual... U're right, I do laugh my heart out. It makes life that little bit more bearable :-) Too bad everyone else have to endure the THUNDER LAUGHTERS!
*MUAAAHH AHAHAHAHHA*

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home