Friday, March 30, 2007

Two Things

I want to share with you 2 very different things I thought of in one night.
1st- I've seen it all
I have joined a casino for it's vegas style recreational purposes and today, I saw something that sent my heart racing and pausing alternately. A middle-eastern man piled up his bet on a hand of texas poker. The chips stacked up to about the height of a palm and each chip was worth £25. In one game (I'm not sure how it works) but I can see a stack full of £25s and some £500s going and coming. That's right ladies and gentlemen. I stood there watching for a mere 5 minutes and a minimum of £15,000 went to the casino. That's the equivalent of approx. RM 105,000! My eyes popped. That's school fees for us poor students! Some probably even spent a lifetime to get that amount in their bank account!!! 5 minutes. That's all it took for him to fling it.
2nd- Goodbyes that count
It's been dawned on me (these few days) that life could be extremely fragile and any minute, anytime, anywhere could be -the end- I keep getting signs that are telling me how important 'goodbye's are. Imagine if I walked out of my house without saying goodbye to my family. The last words could very well be 'pick up your shit!' or 'come home late and you're dead!' From now on, I shall bid my goodbyes properly. Look into the eyes of the person I'm waving goodbye to, smile, hug... May be that's why my mother never say goodbye to me... not over the phone nor when I'm flying off to the other side of the world... Just think how important 'goodbye' is.
I'd like to leave you with this scenario
You're walking home (alone) and you're just minding your own business when suddenly, some drunk driver dashed out from nowhere and pinned you unto the side of a building. You're stuck and any movement would accelerate time of death. You have access to your phone. What do you do?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If pinned = guaranteed death, may as well make the call. That's what I would do provided 1) it is not too laborious/painful to pick up the phone and call 2) feel like doing it.

Would really suck if you know you are going to die, but you will die a slow death (somehow for unknown reasons it will not instantaneous). Should scenario (2) apply, may as well make the call and ask to see your loved one one more time.

4:13 AM  
Blogger hello said...

I would yell at the drunkie in the car to 'F***ING REVERSE ***HOLE!'
Who needs a phone, right?

My serious reply: I seriously do not know, perhaps i may or may not call someone, but i cant think who - i guess its one of those things u only know when u experience it.

And as an after thought, what if u didnt have any credit :P (sorry i went back to my comical self :P)

2:07 PM  
Blogger noodles said...

Kington: Death is certain. Who do u call?

Eddie: Haha, very funny. It's just my random post to think who I'd call in my last hours (Choy! dai gat lai see, touch wood) As for credit? I'm sure there's still sympathy in the UK public??

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home