Monday, March 20, 2006

Kaya Craving

I've been ill recently and the last thing i want to do is cook. Lazy.

One morning, I woke up and had the cravings for Kaya, the kind of vicious craving that if I don't have it sometime soon I'll die! As I'm stuck in this useless place, I had to go make my own kaya and off we go on a 'kaya research journey' and of course, the internet has always responded kindly. Kaya- also better known as coconut egg jam.


So the ingredients were simple
10 eggs
2 coconuts (I wasn't sure if it was juice or cream or milk...)
400g sugar

(easy) i thought... so off I went to make it and

VOILA!

Patchy lumpy green stuff..... soooooo disappointing... I remember my aunty telling me that it was easy.... *sigh* Shattered.. there goes my 10 eggs....


So i kept the tragic fruits in the fridge (as i made it over a week ago and after all the failed kaya testing, i cud've sworn I would nvr touch kaya ever in my life!! so sick of it!) but today, I was so hungry and there was bread, there was kaya....... so ....

Surprisingly, it tasted ok! Lumpy.. cold... greenish... but ok! :-) (moral: never eat anything when hungry)

Anyway... my friend said that the egg cooked too soon.. may be due to the heat distribution? I think because I don't have one of those machines to beat the crap out of it... My brother keeps saying it's not gonna work... but never any helpful suggestions?! As to why it's not brown when it should be..... I don't know..... The sugar SHOULD caramalise??

(We'll have to wait for the next kaya adventure!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home