Tongue-Tied

NO, not the 'sticking tongue down people's throat- French tongue tie' but T-I-E-D from tongue twisters. It supposedly helps with getting rid of accents? (Yes my fellow Indian friends, you should try this *hhehehheh*)
The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick.
(I keep saying sick sheep..)
I slit the sheet,the sheet I slit,and on the slitted sheet I sit.
(Slit da shit?!?)
Mrs. Smith's Fish Sauce Shop.
(It is no wonder the fish sauce business does not exist!)
She sells sea shells by the sea shore. The shells she sells are surely seashells. So if she sells shells on the seashore, I'm sure she sells seashore shells.
(Ey ey ey... do it properly with all the 's')
Betty Botter had some butter, "But," she said, "this butter's bitter. If I bake this bitter butter, it would make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter--that would make my batter better." So she bought a bit of butter, better than her bitter butter, and she baked it in her batter, and the batter was not bitter. So 'twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter.
(Now do it again with proper 't' pronunciation!)
Mr. See owned a saw, and Mr. Soar owned a seesaw. Now See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw before Soar saw See ,which made Soar sore. Had Soar seen See's saw before See sawed Soar's seesaw, See's saw would not have sawed Soar's seesaw. So See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw but it was sad to see Soar so sore just because See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw.
(Couldn't even understand it the first time around? Saucey sauceh....)


4 Comments:
nice tongue twister .. i find the bitter butter batter was quite easy .. i have problem with the sea shore seashells .. haha .. i was like shshhhseeeeaaashhorrrrrssss ... hahha .. Mrs Smiths FIsh sauce shop is quite tough as well .. haha... i think i have problems with the asses "s" .. ahhahha ... i am gonna test my colleague with these tongue twister 2molo =D hhahha .. let see how the brits do it .. hha ... i bet it would b funny . hhaha
jason: yaa! me too! do u think Malaysian Chinese have problems with the 's' in general? Tell me what happens when u test ur collegues
The Sheikh one was very short but damn tough
Kington: I still can't pronouce it... *embaresed*
Post a Comment
<< Home