Friday, July 14, 2006

Show me the meaning of being lonely

Can anyone recall that backstreet boys tune?

Well, smack 'em in the head and call me Judy, coz this sistah here can show 'em what lonely is!
I don't know how to explain this feeling... a combination of island-ish, desert-ish, sort of cold-ish... It can be a nice place to be if one desires quiet and peace, but it's certainly hell when one least expects it.
I'm going through quarter-life crisis and BEHOLD! People are going through dramatic life changing experiences, ie moving up in their career path, moving away for a better future, getting booted back home for no good reason, people getting married, people having first-born, people holiday-ing far far away etc... My dilemma? Whilst the world is zooming at XXXmph, I'm left behind at tortoise speed! Now I know it's arguable that I chose this position and that I have to stick with it just for a couple of months..... BUT WHAT HAPPENS THEN?
You see.... graduating means moving away from student status and moving into dog eat dog's world and unfortunately, unemployment as well.
How I feel besides lonely? I dunno man, this feelin' is like non other... May be it comes with age?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home